Thursday 21 April 2011

Work/life unbalance


Crikey. Just when I was feeling super smug about managing to post every almost every day, work has gone and dumped a huge, shiny, massive project on my desk and taken up all my time.

It’s amazing how little it takes to undo the (fantasy) image I have been contentedly carting around for the last week.

Old me;

“I just find that making my own ratatouille/miso soup/spelt muffins is just so much more satisfying”

“Sorry I missed your call, I’d just been out for a run (smug, smug, smuggedy smug)”

And disgustingly self-satisfied;

“You know, I find that sometimes one glass of wine is just as enjoyable as a bottle”

I’m not joking. Gwyneth Paltrow? Nothing on me.

Fast forward a week. Gone is the glow of the domestic goddess. In its place, the frizzy haired, make up free, slightly mad eyed girl I really am.

I don't know why people go away to the middle of nowhere to find themselves. You're never going to discover the real you on a yoga retreat sipping miso soup.

The real you is the woman that's left standing after a 70 hour week sustained on instant coffee and nutritionally barren snacks.

It might not be pretty, but it's true.

Welcome back loon lady. Welcome back


{Picture from and by Hyperbole and a Half}

No comments:

Post a Comment