Friday 8 March 2013

I love Liz



I am hopelessly in love with Tina Fey. 

We're talking one of those epic school girl, I want to be her, she's so cool, I think we'd be best friends kind of crush. I recently watched so many clips on Youtube (things were sloooow) that, when asked about my day, I started with the phrase, "Me and Liz...."  Yeah. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but 30 Rock was a complete revelation to me. Up to then the only female characters I saw on telly were entirely unattainable. I mean I love Sex and the City as much as the next gal, but even in my imaginary, alternative life my role in that world was always limited as an extra. The only time I ever meet women even a tiny bit like that are models on shoots and everyone knows they are sexy aliens sent to us to sell cars. 

But then along came Liz and everything changed. 

I watch 30 Rock in a complex state of near hysterical laughter, knicker twisting jealously (she writes it, she acts it, her hair is nice) and pathetic reassurance that I am not the only woman to wear swimwear to work when I run out of pants

And if that isn't something to celebrate on International Women's Day, I don't know what is.





No comments:

Post a Comment